1. Escribe la tarea: Prepare (estudia) to do your first mastery check(s) (pruebas) tomorrow. Bring ear buds/headphones to class from now on.
2. Get your Chromebook and log in to Google Docs.
3. Open and read the document: "Spanish: Sample NSE Learning Plan."
4. Rewrite or add to your "NSE Learning Plan" document.
5. Levanta su mano cuando has terminado.
I then spent the rest of the class walking around and looking over their shoulders. I gave them feedback on their learning plans, answered their questions, showed them how to download flashcard sets to the iPads, and kept them on task. I didn't have to do much of that though. They all worked throughout the class period with very few reminders to stay on task or choices given to work with paper. Both classes went very smoothly and some kids even began to show me that they had mastered concepts by getting perfect scores on grammar practice quizzes or going through vocab flashcards out loud while I look over their shoulder.